Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Road That Led Me Here

As most of you know, I was diagnosed with Tripple Negative Breast Cancer in 2009. I had surgery in Oct of that year and recovered with great results followed by great results at all of my 6 month check ups. That was until the last one. Some of my blood work came back abnormal and I had what seemed to be something more than scar tissue show up. After many many test and endless waiting it has been determined that it has returned. I met with my Oncologist today to go over the results of my PET scan and Bone Scan. It appears it has spread to 4 axillary nodes and the mammary node. There is also a suspicious spot on my right hip at the top of my pelvic bone. Now before you start to feel sorry for me, please dont:) I still feel great, and although this is not good news my faith has not wavered and has only grown stronger! I believe God has a plan for me, and through his divine providence I will eventually realize what that plan is.

My Dr. was very upfront with us and told us that if I follow the available treatment plan, the Cancer would almost always return. Given the aggressive form of Cancer I have. In all honesty I dont have much faith in conventional Cancer treatment, especially with the diagnoses I was given. I believe God has a better way. And I believe I am on the right road to finding healing. A few months back I "stumbled" upon something that I believe was meant to be. It was an eye opening documentry of an amazing Dr. in Texas who has perfected a treatment for Cancer. I have done extensive research and soul searching and believe this is the place for me. They have sucessfully cured many people with Cancer and women in my situation. I cant explain the peace and knowing that this is right, but it just is. I am completely convicted that this is the road I should take. My family and close friends are on board and support me 200 percent.

The treatment is costly and not all insurance covers it. But it pales in comparison to conventional treatment, being about one fifth of the cost of conventional treatment . It is a FDA approved clinical trial as of this year. Brian and I will be heading to Texas for a consultation with 20 plus Drs. Monday April the 25th to go over all of my previous records and test results. Once I agree to treatment I will head back to Texas where I will stay for 2 to 3 weeks to began my treatment. Once again it is very costly and most all of the funding with be coming out of pocket which we dont have, but I believe God will provide.

This is a journey I never thought I would have to take. But in the midst of what many would consider a tragedy, I feel completely at peace. Through this I feel like I have been given new eyes. I view life very different now. I plan on continuing to give God all the glory through this process. Without my faith in Him and his guidence I would be a lost sheep. Thank you all for the relentless prayers and thoughts. You will never know what your support means to me. I feel so blessed to be surounded by such amazing family and friends. I love you all!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli,

    I'm a new friend of your mother-in-law. I live in Franklin, TN. I love her. And I love what she loves and she loves you. I'm glad to have found your blog and I want you to know that I will be praying for you and for you family.

    To God be the glory,
    Gail Hyatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Precious Kelli,

    I love you more then words can say. You are a blessing to all who's path you cross. You are a strong and beautiful woman, inside and out! You are and example for all. Always remember when one door closes another opens. It's the dark hallways between that frighten us. With God there is light! Hold fast and know He is God. I am and will be here for you in any and all areas of need. God has a wonderful and perfect plan for you! Be blessed! With all my love, Debbie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, I also met your MIL recently with Gail. I am 33, a three time cancer survivor and get this, moving to the Apollo Beach area sometime between July and November (my husband is military). I also saw you will be in TX... where at? Our best friends are close to Dallas and their church may be able to provide support for you and your husband if you choose to undergo treatments. I love your attitude and spirit! We will be praying for you, your husband and your sweet girl. Please let us know what we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our paths crossed a long time ago through the Kremkau family. Please know that I am praying for you, Brian and your precious little girl as you all fight this disease.
    Praying Psalm 73:26 over you: Your flesh and your heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of your heart and your portion forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your story through facebook from Leigh Anne Phillips. You are already being used by God as you walk through this journey with faith. Faith is believing that God is able even when the conventional things of this world say otherwise! I pray that the Lord continues to bless you and I believe He is THE GREAT HEALER and He has you in His hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelli, To say that we are proud to call you our daughter is putting it lightly! And we are proud to call Brian our Son-in-law. Our sweet baby girl Samantha is the highlight of all of our lives and a precious gift from God. You amaze us with your Faith, Strength, Wisdom and Courage! We shouldn't be, since we know from whom and where it comes. We are equally as proud of Laura Lee and for the Love, Friendship and Devotion between you two that only sisters who are also friends can share. The blog page is beautiful and has your gifted touch. We are here to go along on the journey with you, Brian and Samantha. We will do everything in our power with God's help to make it all as easy for you as possible. We love you all with all of our heart, mind and soul!

    In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul. Psalms 138:3

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Kelli, I heard about your blog through Randy Elrod's tweet. I will certainly be praying for you. I live in Austin, TX...what part of Texas will you be going to? Let me know if you are going to be in or near Austin and we can provide you with community and resources here. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Kelli,
    Thank you for sharing this blog with us, it's beautiful...and so are you. Your whole family has always been special to us, and we love all of you dearly. You are an inspiration to us all and my prayers are with you continually. May God be glorified in your faith, and comfort you with his perfect peace.
    Many people will come to know God because of your journey, and those that already know Him will draw strength and courage from your strength and courage.
    Love.....Cheryl




    We are here for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelli,

    You have truly taken my breath away.
    I have always thought of you as a beautiful person, both inside and out, and in this day and time, it is a blessing to find someone with both qualities.
    I pray that the Lord will lay his hands on you and perform the miracle that we all know he is capable of.
    I try not to question, but sometimes I just don't understand, why a great woman such as yourself or an innocent child, must struggle through the unbearable times like these.
    I feel so helpless and selfish, for all the things that I daily take for granted. I know, more than some, how precious not only each day, but each breath we take is, yet sometimes still get caught up in the daily events that don't matter. I know that you do not desire any sympathy, however I just admire your faith, and strength. I pray for your husband, and your baby girl, it looks like the Lord has blessed you with a wonderful strong family and many amazing friends. You will never be alone, through our prayers you will always have our extended arms around you through your journey.
    I know the expenses ahead are unreal, but I feel that Lord will help provide.
    I would say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it this time.
    If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know.
    Prayers are lifted in your name, with Love
    Amanda Bridges Marterson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelli,
    Thank you for sharing. You runwavering spirit and faith is to be admired by all. I firmly believe that God never gives us more than we can handle. You have always been a beautiful and sweet person and I will have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me updated and let us know how we can help

    Melanie (Michael) Brockmeier

    ReplyDelete