Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fund Raising and General Info

We have had an outpouring of Fund Raiser ideas! I wanted to let everyone know what our plan is as far as that goes and "The Plan" in general. Brian and I will be heading out Easter Sunday to Houston. My consultation is Monday. I've been informed that if I choose to, I may be able to stay and begin my 3 week treatment stay in Houston. However the initial cost to cover all my geneitc testing and initial treatment is around $15,000. We want to make sure we are able to cover it before I plan to stay. I would obviously like to begin ASAP, but I think it makes more sense to get all the information we need, come home and get some fund raisers going and make sure certian things are taken care of. Brian needs to inform work of his plans and I need to make sure that my mom is well enough to care for Samantha while I am gone. She just had spinal surgery 3 and a half weeks ago and is fighting Pneumonia right now. So I dont want to overload her. Brian will plan to stay with me for the first week, and my sister is planning to come out for a week also. Once my initial treatment in Houston is over I will return home with my medication that will be administered daily. We won't know how long I may have to be on treatment. It all depends on how well I respond. It could be as short as 4 months or up to a year. As far as cost goes it could be anywhere from $4,000 a month to $11,000. Altogether total treatment may run anywhere from around $50,000 to upwards of $150,000, depending on the length and intensity of treatment. We will have a much better idea once we return from my consultation and will pass that info along. Once again I dont even know how to express my gratitude for all of your support! I love you all and feel totaly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelli. My name is Bobbi Lowery. I am a 32 year old mother and wife from Land O' Lakes, Fl. A friend of mine on facebook posted a link to your site and I took a peek. I just wanted to let you know that I am truly amazed at how positive you are!! Your faith is inspiring!! I could never imagine what you must be going through. Yet, you stand firm in your faith. We don't see that much these days and I must say that I applaud you! God is the ultimate healer!! He has a plan for you and I believe that this site will be used to help those who don't have faith! You're an amazing example of what we all should strive to be, especially in a time when things get tough! I'll be praying that God will direct you to the perfect doctor, and I pray that you're able to raise all the funds needed to help you get the best care possible. In return, may I ask that you pray for my sister, Anita Miranda. She has been diagnosed with Myelofibrosis, a form of Leukemia that is incurable. May God bless you and your family through this time.

    ReplyDelete