Saturday, May 7, 2011

Don't Waste Your Cancer (John Piper)

I am so astonished looking back on the timeline of my life, and realizing just how awesome our God truly is! He knows the events of our life and when they will happen before we ever see them coming. The things that we count as "happenstance" are never the case. He plants people and circumstances in our paths for a very specific reason. He prepares us.

Nearly 5 years ago Brian and I were sitting in a small Bible Study group in Ga. at the Church that we had grown to love. Our group leaders David and Brenda Martin, whom we adore, had brought in an article by John Piper for the group to read over and discuss. We had done previous studies of his. I remember thinking, how will this ever apply to me? It was called, get ready for this "Don't Waste Your Cancer" by John Piper! As it turned out, it was a very compelling story of this mans journey with Cancer, and how he chose to thank God for his Cancer and use it to glorify him.

I am so grateful that God saw fit that we enter the doors of that amazing Church and join the class that these two wonderful people were leading!I know without a doubt looking back, that I was meant to hear this mans extraordinary story. Because it in turn would change the way I look at my own Cancer. I do not look at this Cancer as a curse. Rather I see it as an opportunity to reach out to God, seek after Him like never before, and glorify Him in every part of my life! I am by no means perfect, and struggle daily to be the person that He desires of me. But I am seeking Him desperately and want nothing more than for Him to reveal Himself to me and others through this trial.

Please check out the article from John Piper below.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/desiring-god/read/devotionals/desiring-god-by-john-piper/dont-waste-your-cancer-3100.html

No comments:

Post a Comment