Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Day At A Time

Hi everyone it's 11:17 here in Houston. I should be sleeping, but I'll get there! Yesterday I returned to the Clinic. Everyone was pleasantly surprised to see me! Things went smoothly. I received my first injection for the bones mets. No complications what so ever. Made a trip to good ole Walmart last night to stock the kitchen. Then headed out to a spot we found last time we were here. It's called City Centre. Right down the road from the clinic. Its the most perfect little courtyard square surrounded by shops, restaurants and such. It's my place while I am here:) I think its essential to my sanity to have found something here I enjoy. They have a beautiful fountain and 3 fire pits in the turf covered courtyard. Its so fun to watch kids play and have a great time! I know my Sam would just love it! We found the best smoothie shop. Red Mango. So yummy and so good for us!

Today we had a great breakfast here at the Hotel before heading to the clinic. Arrived at the clinic at 9. Had some delays, but finally got my infusion going around 12:30. Aside from some grogginess due to the benedryl, I have had no side effects whatsoever! Brian made us some yummy Scetti tonight as Sam calls it:)

Tomorrow has the potential to be a rough one. But I am trusting that given the smoothness of all the other events thus far during our stay, that tomorrow will be no different. I am human however, and struggling and wrestling a bit tonight with my infusion tomorrow....so many things can happen. Could have no side effects, or could have tons. I am just so uneasy right now. I have done really well thus far, and plan on continuing, but the fear of the unknown is getting to me. Please continue to pray for peace for me. I pray that God will continue to place a hedge of protection around me! I am really learning to take it one day at a time! He has new mercies for me with each morning that dawns! As a good friend said to me tonight, I have the greatest healer & miracle maker on my side....stay strong & watch God work ;) That is just what I plan on doing! I plan on taking some pics of the clinic and our favorite spot this weekend so everyone can get a glimpse of my experience! Love you all and am so grateful to have such amazing support!!! Good night friends~!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry that this is happening to you and I pray that our dear Lord would strengthen and comfort you as only he can. I would like to suggest Caring Bridge for posting your updates as well. It is a huge network of people going through Cancer and all kinds of illnesses. Folks from around the world can log in and let you know they are praying for you as well!! Cheeck it out and I pray today is not what the fear says but a gentle day and an easy week!!! God bless, Susie Young WV
    http://www.caringbridge.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW.. I found your site through a twitter post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear about the first infusion and no side effects - continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete