Monday, June 6, 2011

My Kind of Fairy Tale

Today was a great day, so many blessings packed into one day! Could have gone otherwise, had I given into my human instinct to crumble under the pressure of my circumstances. But I chose to make this day about my family!


Brian and I were able to upgrade our Busch Gardens passes to include Adventure Island! Courtesy of Mimi! I love our families! And I love living in Tampa;) Now, we knew given Sams love for the splash areas at Busch Gardens, that she would flip at the sight of Adventure Island! And she did! While driving in, she sees the ginormous slide and lets out a big "WOW"! Then after entering the park, we heard many times, WOW this is SO MUCH FUN! I cant say that I have ever seen her more excited! Except maybe when she met the Princesses at Disney World.


The most precious moment I think I have ever experienced came today, while we were swimming in the beach area. Samantha does alot of adorable things that make my heart smile on a daily basis. But today she nearly brought me to tears. Brian and I were talking, and just watching her have the time of her life. Out of the blue she swims over to us, wraps her little arms as wide as they would reach around both of our necks, looks at us and with the most grown up, yet innocent voice, and says "I love you guys"! Then gives mommy the biggest kiss ever, and next daddy! Then she turns and heads back to the ladder. We both just stared at each other in amazement! Best ever Parent moment by far!!!!!!!!


On a totally different note, I had to wear my trusty Gator ball cap all day to keep my nearly bald scalp from frying! After exiting the park and getting settled in the car, I took my hat off and looked in the mirror. The tears suddenly and out of nowhere came way too easily. When Brian got in the car, I told him it was time to shave it when we got home. A part of me wanted to hold onto every last strand. The rational part said, girl its just hair, and you look like an 80 yr old women LOL its got to go! So I sat down in the chair and Brian went to town with the clippers. I must say it was hard to watch the rest of my hair fall to the floor. But after he finished, I looked in the mirror and surprisingly still saw ME. I do however realize that most likely, for a long time I will do a double take every time I walk by a mirror:) I learned two things tonight. One being that I have a VERY very small head. The other being that its cold not having hair up there keep my head warm LOL! Sam told us that we (Brian and I) have the same hair now, but that she has different hair! Shes so cute, and for the most part could care less that Mommy has no hair. That's what I love about children. They don't even see the superficial and the exterior. They see to the heart of everyone. And all she sees is her mommy.


So today was just about perfect!

3 comments:

  1. We always knew Samantha was going to be special from before she was conceived. She has proved that over and over many times. I truly believe God has given her a special insight to understand and comprehend things that most her age do not. I remember a couple of other little girls who were also very special and loving. Like I said about the picture I posted of you 3 days old, you didn't have hair then and we loved you unconditionally and we still do with much more understanding of the wonderfully gifted Godly young woman you have became since then. God truly shines through! We love you, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people define tears as weakness, not true: the LORD defines it as precious, HE stores them in a bottle, the women that washed JESUS feet, did it with her tears, HE SAYS THOUGH WE SOW IN TEARS, WE WILL REAP IN JOY. That proves he considers our tears as great offerings unto Him, when we are weak He makes us strong, and I think its our healing rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli,
    The more posts I read the more inspired I become.
    Love Melanie

    ReplyDelete