Sunday, June 5, 2011

Praise Him in ALL Things

The following verses have been my rock and the inspiration in titling my Blog "Keep Singing" (plus the fact that music and singing are my passion). Their importance was again reiterated today, in hearing the remarkable message this morning at Church! Thank you Pastor Greg for the amazing deliverance of Gods word today!

Philippians 4:4-6


4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The Message Version

4-5Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!

6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.





This was the "take away" or application of the message today.

The area of your greatest weakness can become your greatest strength!

Key: Trusting and believing in God's ability! God's great strength begins when your own strength ends!


There have been so many times when I needed God so desperately to step in and carry my burden, but I was too bitter, in too much pain, or too stubborn to just simply ask. While in TX, the night I was in such miserable pain, I lay in bed crying, having let the entire day go by without once asking God to intervene and deliver me from the pain, or even just to give me the strength to endure it. I know we all face times when we are so angry or hurt, that we cant even find the strength or will to pray. This night was one of those many times. But God knew my heart. He knew my inward desire to praise Him, even in the hopeless moments. Once I got to point were I could no longer stand it and cried out to Him, He stepped in and did what only He can do. I kid you not, within the hour I was able to relax and find enough peace and comfort to sleep. The next day we awoke and headed to beach because I felt human again! And God revealed some really beautiful things to me that day, and I was able to revel in the glory of His creation!


As soon as today's message becomes available online, I will post the link!

1 comment:

  1. PSALM 103:5 says Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. When we fill our mouth with the WORD OF GOD, our praiseful mouth, singing, dancing like David did, HE restores us and you can literally look in the mirror and see your youth being renewed , your health returning and HIS GLORY shining on your face, knowing he LOVES you that much.

    ReplyDelete