Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Strength is Not My Own

The events of the last two weeks have taken me to some of the darkest places I have ever been. I found myself struggling to find the surface many times. But they have also brought some of the greatest blessings I have ever experienced!

It began the day of my last Chemo Infusion. Although nervous and anxious,I walked into the treatment room ready to get this done and over with. Long story short, they completely got my pre-meds wrong. They overdosed me and overloaded my system. I had a horrible, horrific and terrifying reaction. With every nurse in the place by my side and my Dr. kneeling in front of me, they shut off all meds. I lost my sight temporarily and had a host of other immediate effects. A while later I was able to complete the infusion and return home.Only to spend the next 7 days in bed or on the couch. I had side effect after side effect, which led me to dehydration and left me in desperate need of fluids! It was honestly the darkest place I have ever been. Satan was after me.

I finally was able to get out and enjoy some time by the ocean with my family! It was so wonderful and I slowly began to feel human again. It has literally taken me 2 weeks to recover. I am still not feeling like myself. But I am getting there:)Even in the darkest moments when the pain was too much to bear and fear and depression were knocking at the door, I could feel His presence covering me and shielding me. He was and is my strength!


I had amazing support during this time and people really stepped up to help out! So many blessings have come our way in the last two weeks! I am just totally blown away by God's love and provision in my life! He never fails to provide for us. We are forever grateful to everyone who has made our life easier and taken some of the burdens off of us!



I am scheduled this coming Thursday to recieve my next Chemo Infusion. Please join me in praying for a smooth and drama free appointment:)


The Task Ahead of You, Is Never as Great as the Power Behind You.

No comments:

Post a Comment